Creating the SQLite3 Application Database (Backend)
Week 3 Assignment – Due 1/30/2024 – Beginning of Class
In this assignment, you will delve into the realm of databases by creating a backend database for your existing Tkinter application using SQLite3. SQLite3, a lightweight and serverless database engine, is an excellent tool for learning database fundamentals and integrating them with Python applications. Your task is to design and implement a database schema that can later be integrated with your application. This step is crucial for understanding how applications manage and store data efficiently.
- Gain a foundational understanding of database concepts and SQLite3.
- Design a database schema relevant to your application’s data requirements.
- Implement the database schema using SQLite3, preparing for future integration with your Python application.
- Database Schema Design
- Description: Create a detailed design of your database schema. This should include the tables, fields, data types, and any relationships between tables.
- Requirements: The schema should be well-thought-out, reflecting the data needs of your application. It should be capable of efficiently storing and organizing data.
- SQLite3 Database Implementation
- Description: Based on your schema design, implement the database using SQLite3. This involves creating the database file, tables, and setting up the initial structure as per your design.
- Requirements: The database should be correctly implemented as per the schema with no structural errors. Ensure that the database is functional and can be connected to a Python application.
- Description: Document your database schema and the rationale behind your design choices. Explain how the database can be integrated with a Python application.
- Length: 1-2 pages.
- Submit the SQLite3 database file (.db) along with your schema design and documentation.
- Ensure all submissions are clearly labeled and organized.
Evaluation Criteria (75 points):
- Accuracy and practicality of the database schema design.
- Correct implementation of the database in SQLite3.
- Clarity and thoroughness of the documentation, including the rationale behind design choices and potential integration with a Python application.