- Semester: Fall
- Year: 2023
- Course Title: Business Application Development
- Course #: CBIS 4210
- Instructor: Dr. Bryan Marshall
- Office: ATK 306
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Office Hours: Online (email)
- Class Time: Online
- Classroom: Online
Prerequisite: CBIS 3210. This course uses the Python programming language to teach programming concepts and problem-solving skills, with assuming any previous programming experience. Students learn to how to design the logic of programs then implement those programs using Python.
Students should be able to:
1. apply programming to everyday life to solve problems.
2. see the value in learning programming and how it can help business.
3. approach a problem systematically, breaking down the required parts and building a working application.
4. become more confident in their programming skills and what programs can do.
5. understand basic key terms like variables, constants, functions, and loops.
No textbook required. We will be using ChatGPT for content.
Grading (1000 possible points)
Module Quizzes (7 x 60) 42% — 420 points
Module Assignments (7 x 40) 28% — 280 points
Final Project 20% — 200 points
Final Exam 10% — 100 points
The class is available on GaView at https://gcsu.view.usg.edu . Students are held responsible for class information contained in GaView.