Semester: Fall 2020
Course Title: CBIS 4210 – Business Application Development
Instructor: Bryan Marshall
Class Time: TR 12:30 – 1:45 pm
Class Time: TR 2:00 – 3:15 pm
Class Room: ATK 309
Premium Support Hours: TR 10:00 – 12:30
Prerequisite: CBIS 3210. This course uses the Python programming language to teach programming concepts and problem-solving skills, with assuming any previous programming experience. Students learn to how to design the logic of programs then implement those programs using Python.
Students should be able to:
1. apply programming to everyday life to solve problems.
2. see the value in learning programming and how it can help business.
3. approach a problem systematically, breaking down the required parts, and building a working application.
4. become more confident in their programming skills and what programs can do.
5. understand basic key terms like variables, constants, functions, and loops.
Grading (1000 pts)
A 900 – 1000 pts
B 800 – 899 pts
C 700 – 799 pts
D 600 – 699 pts
F Less than 599
Module Quizzes 500 points
In Class Participation 300 points
MyProgrammingLab 100 points
Final Project 100 points
Starting Out with Python (5th Edition) by Tony Gaddis – 9780135929032 (with MyProgrammingLab)