Semester: Spring 2022
Course Title: CBIS 4214 – Advanced Python
Instructor: Bryan Marshall
Class Time: MW 2:00 – 3:15 pm
Class Room: ATK 309
Premium Support Hours (by appointment) or: MW 11:30 am – 1:50 pm
Office: ATK 305
Prerequisite: CBIS 3210, CBIS 3214 and CBIS 4210, all with a grade of C or better. This course is a capstone course that helps the student integrate all concepts taught in the CBIS curriculum. The students will learn about and employ, web-based scripting languages to manage the creation and deployment of a web-based application. The content of the course is project-based and stresses knowledge gained in the prerequisite classes.
Students should be able to:
1. apply programming to everyday life to solve problems.
2. see the value in learning programming and how it can help business.
3. approach a problem systematically, breaking down the required parts and building a working application.
4. become more confident in their programming skills and what programs can do.
5. understand basic key terms like variables, constants, functions, and loops.
6. build and connect to a database
7. design and deploy a Python GUI
8. take a basic Python application to a web framework
Grading (1000 pts)
A 900 – 1000 pts
B 800 – 899 pts
C 700 – 799 pts
D 600 – 699 pts
F Less than 599
Flask Web Development by Miguel Grinberg (2nd Edition) 978-1-491-99173-2