Semester: Spring 2018
Instructor: Dr. Bryan Marshall
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
CRN: 20569 | 20570
Time: 12:30 – 1:45 pm | 2:00 – 3:15 pm
Location: ATK 309
Prerequisite: CBIS 3210, CBIS 3214 and CBIS 4210. This course is a capstone course which helps the student integrate all concepts taught in the CBIS curriculum. The students will learn about and employ, web-based scripting languages to manage the creation and deployment of a web-based application. The content of the course is project based and stresses knowledge gained in the prerequisite classes.
Each student will:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of HTML and CSS.
- Plan and design a business web application.
- Use PHP, MySQL, and object-oriented programming to build a web application that can create, read, update and delete from a database.
Learning PHP: A gentle introduction to the web’s most popular language, by David Sklar (ISBN13: 9781491933572)Purchase Here
Grading (550 pts)
Project 1 – 100 pts
Project 2 – 100 pts
Project 3 – 150 pts
Exam 1 – 100 pts
Exam 2 – 100 pts
The class assignments and grades are managed on D2L. ALL OF YOUR ASSIGNMENTS WILL BE UPLOADED AND GRADED ON D2L!!!
Other Resources (Lynda)
- HTML Essential Training (5 h 54 m) beginner
- CSS Essential Training 3 (1 h 30 m) intermediate
- Bootstrap 4 Essential Training (5 h 53 m) beginner
- Git Essential Training (6 hr 25 m) beginner
- PHP Essential Training (4 hr 3 m) beginner
- PHP: Object Oriented Programming (3 hr 53 m) intermediate
- PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 1 The Basics (5 hr 51 m) beginner
- PHP with MySQL Essential Training: 2 Build a CMS (3 hr 53 m) beginner
- PHP with MYSQL Beyond the Basics (10 hr 26 m) intermediate