Semester: Spring 2020
Instructor: Bryan Marshall
Class Time: W 6:30 – 8:00 pm
Class Room: Zoom
Premiere Support Hours: W 6:30 – 8:00 pm
In this course, students learn the agile project management framework with an emphasis on the scrum master and the product owner’s role. With organizational strategy as the foundation, students learn how to develop the project vision and the product roadmap, identify user roles, and write user stories. Additional topics include stakeholder identification, chartering, team development, release planning, value assignment, communication, quality, risk, and change management. Students learn by doing, using a group project for most activities.
This course is appropriate for all MMIS students and is oriented toward product owners, scrum masters, product managers, and project managers transitioning from traditional to agile project management. Students who bring agile experience to the course will have the opportunity to deepen their skills and practice agile facilitation techniques.
The broad goals in the course are three:
1. Skill Building – Build confidence in each student’s ability to plan and complete projects and work with project stakeholders.
2. Project Management Subject Matter Expertise – Be conversant with Agile project management and Scrum methodology.
3. Collaboration – Develop a community of Agile practitioners who can serve as on-going resources for each other.
The student will have the opportunity to:
1. Plan and facilitate a real project related to software development.
2. Demonstrate competency in the creation of the roadmap and backlog.
3. Share best practices and tools related to Agile project management.
Grading (1000 pts)
A 900 – 1000 pts
B 800 – 899 pts
C 700 – 799 pts
D 600 – 699 pts
F Less than 599
|Quizzes||(7 x 50 = 350 points)||35% of grade|
|Scrum Project||350 points||35% of grade|
|Research Paper / Presentations||250 points||25% of grade|
|Research Feedback||50 points||5% of grade|
Meeting Lecture Schedule (6:30 pm) via Zoom
- 1/8/2020 (Recording)
- Intro to Course
- 1/15/2020 (Recording)
- Product Backlog Planning Meeting
- Sprint 1 Planning Meeting (45 minutes)
- Sprint 1 Review Meeting (20 minutes)
- Sprint 1 Retrospective (10 minutes)
- Sprint 2 Planning Meeting (30 minutes)
- Sprint 2 Review Meeting (20 minutes)
- Sprint 2 Retrospective (10 minutes)
- Sprint 3 Planning Meeting (30 minutes)
- Sprint 3 Review Meeting (20 minutes)
- Sprint 3 Retrospective (10 minutes)
- Finalize Final Scrum Projects
- Final Presentations / Debrief