Module 2 - Making Decisions
In the next two weeks, we have two main goals. First, we’re going to dive deep into learning how to use “if” statements in Python programming. “If” statements are like the computer’s way of making decisions. For example, if a certain condition is met, the computer will perform a specific action. Learning this will let us create more interactive and smart programs. To make this process easier and more effective, we’ll continue to use ChatGPT, which is a tool that helps us write code quickly and accurately.
Our second big project is to start creating an our next chapter of our textbook. This won’t be just any textbook; we’ll focus on explaining how computers make decisions, which ties back to our first goal. Specifically, we’re going to zero in on the second chapter of the textbook, which talks about ‘decision structures’. This is just a fancy term for explaining the different ways a computer can make choices based on the information it receives. By working on these two goals together, we’ll get both practical coding experience and a deeper understanding of the concepts.
Over the next two weeks, here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll learn the basics of decision-making in programming, specifically focusing on “if” statements.
- You’ll make your “if” statements more advanced by using “elif” and “else” statements.
- You’ll dive deeper into programming by using nested “if” statements.
- You’ll complete and submit Notebook 2 as part of your assignments.
- You’ll continue to use AI assistance for programming tasks with ChatGPT.