For this assignment you will be creating content for your site. Go through the list of content types in the “How To Write Great Blog Posts” book.
1) You will need to create 2 MVP articles and 6 filler posts.
2) Create a mock schedule to post an additional 2 MVP articles and 6 filler posts over the next 6 months (you will not be writing these).
3) Reference step 4 in the “How To” book for how to create a publishing schedule.
4) Make sure you follow the 12 Elements of Engaging Blog Posts in the “How To” book.
5) Also, be sure to add “filler” or “MVP” at the end of each post title.
6) Make sure you add an author to each post.
- MVP Article #1 – 25 points
- MVP Article #2 – 25 points
- Filler Article #1 – 5 points
- Filler Article #2 – 5 points
- Filler Article #3 – 5 points
- Filler Article #4 – 5 points
- Filler Article #5 – 5 points
- Filler Article #6 – 5 points
- Publishing Schedule – 20 points
What does a filler post look like?
A filler posts is much shorter and easier to write then an MVP post. There are 14 types of filler posts. A filler post is typically between 300 – 400 words. However, sometimes it is a infographic or multimedia (video or podcast). Reference Idea #6 – #19 in the “How To” book.
What does an MVP look like?
An MVP takes some serious time to write. There are 5 types of MVP articles.
- Large Numbered Lists
- Ultimate Resource
- Case Study
- Serialized Articles
- Influential People Posts
How do you add tags, authors, pictures, categories and titles to a post?
Advanced Menus and Widgets