1. Add your site to Google Analytics (10 points).
2. Add your site to Google Search Console (10 points).
3. Using the Yoast SEO plugin, fix the onsite SEO for ALL of your content pages (60 points – 30 for installing Yoast / 30 for optimizing ALL your content).
4. Develop a strategy for your off page SEO (10 points). MORE HELP HERE
5. Write a keyword research report (10 points). MORE HELP HERE
You will be turning in screenshots for #1, #2 and #3. Using the snippet tool copy and paste the screenshots into Word, add some text explaining what you did right above the picture. Save the Word document as a PDF and upload to D2L.
For #4 and #5, write two separate reports using Microsoft Word, save as PDFs and upload to D2L. I should get three (3) different pdfs.
How do you add your site to google analytics?
Getting a Sitemap to submit to Google, Bing and other search engines.
Here is a great article on using Yoast SEO, a free plugin for WordPress that does an amazing job with the basics of SEO, including building great sitemaps.
How do you add a site to google search console? (Verify using “Google Analytics”)
Off page SEO and Keyword Research
Here is a helpful guide from Yoast on how some great strategies for SEO.